Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Have 2013 Legacy. (my 4th Legacy). Both low beam headlights

Have 2013 Legacy. (my 4th...
Have 2013 Legacy. (my 4th Legacy). Both low beam headlights went out at same time. All other lights work fine, including high beam. Mechanic is stumped. Please help. :) Lea
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: mechanic said neither of those things would happen at the same time. Told me to google the problem. so, here I am...One day they were working, next day , not.
JA: What is the model of your '13 Subaru?
Customer: My 4th Legacy Sport. NEVER had this happen.... Reading online that it seems common... is this a factory problem?
JA: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. Brought to mechanic!! He told me to research issue.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That I love my Legacy, and am dumbfounded at this occurrence
10/19/2017
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Please bear with my while I ask some seemingly stupid questions.

First, has your mechanic actually tested anything on the car or did he just tell you to go home and google this?
Secondly, do you have the car with you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
told me to go home and google. yes, car with me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
will call dealership thank you. too much money for possibly no results. Already paid $26 to get to you. .... thank you

Ok

Honestly I don't think it's very good service from the mechanic. I can tell you that most of the time what happens is one headlight goes out and you don't notice. When the second one goes out, then of course you notice! I would not be the least bit surprised if this is the case. If he didn't even try a single headlight bulb or test the wiring then there isn't any way to know.

The other things that could cause them both to fail at the same time would be either the daytime running light relay or the switch itself. He is correct assuming you didn't blow both fuses as that is rare, but I still would first put one headlight in it to see if it's the problem.

Call isn't needed, it's the site prompting you and not me.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tech at dealership said its bulbs. Says it's common. Will try to replace first. Thank you

You are very welcome!
Also, kindly remember to rate my answer.
Thank you so much!!

Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
looking for place to rate you?
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician