Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Climate controls are frozen, as well and the fanny heaters.

Climate controls are frozen...

Climate controls are frozen, as well and the fanny heaters

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No, that might be the issue? The heating is working and blowing, but the controls do not work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2006 tribeca b9

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tribeca yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not tried anything yet, I am not trying to fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

10/19/2017
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by,

I have not checked the coolant levels

Are any buttons responding at the controller?

No. The seat heater, temperature, and mode buttons are all unresponsive

Did all of them stopped responding at the same time?

The problem started happening right after the car was cleaned and detailed professionally

The symptom is of a faulty ac copntroller. Need to make sure the Power is present on pin 1 Green/Orange, ground should present on pin 5 Black/Yellow. It is possibility some cleaner got into the controller and shorted the ac controller assembly.

Can a short be fixed by replacing a fuse?

If no power present at the connector that can be a blown fuse .If power and ground are present then the controller is shorted and wil need replacement.

There is power since the display itself is on
Is replacing the AC controller an expensive fix?

A new one costs approx 550$ but you can also find a used one for cheap.

How many hours labor?

Calls for 0.9 hours of labor.

Can you give me the name of the part so I can google it?

Its called Dash contol unit.

Would a dash control unit from a 2007 model fit? I found one for $150.00

2006 and 2007 have differnent part numbers.

Do you have any other questions?

No, you have been very helpful. Thanks. I’m still trying to find a used dash control unit however

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh