Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Looks like I need a new rear door handle too. got one Gotta…

Customer Question
Looks like I need a...
Looks like I need a new rear door handle too. got one Gotta pull the wiper motor and assembly to get to that . Need a new wiper motor too since it doesn't work either. Got all the parts now. Except for a 23mm deep socket to remove the nut holding the wiper assembly through the rear window. Got that off finally with an eighteen inch breaker bar. Demolished the rubber gasket through the rear window in the process. Guess I'll need one of those now. So, how do you get all the plastic electrical connections apart without breaking those too!
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Subaru
10/16/2017
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 6 months ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,you will need a small flat tip screwdriver to separate connectors push the release tab down with the screwdriver to release and they will come apart easily

I find no release tab, only a small slot on the side of the connector, There is also another connector next to it, small with a black and red wire that seems to be missing from the new motor assembly.
Got the old motor out by cutting connection to old device.. Acquired a 10mm deep socket and backed the nuts off the old latch handle. How do you get the fool handle out of there? I think it's time engineering students do an apprenticeship or at least a summer job in the shop and try to fix some of this stuff.

Hi you need to remove the outside panel that covers the handle ,there is a handful of 8mm nuts holding the panel on there is also clips once the nuts are removed you will need to pull up on the panel so you can remove handle

tamaz
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician