Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My outback 96 model will not downshift in hot weather. I…

Customer Question
My outback 96 model...

My outback 96 model will not downshift in hot weather. I suspect it is an electronic problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

No and shade tree mechanic can't diagnose problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tonight on 50 mile trip with ambient temp at 80, worked fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/6/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

It will not down shift in any gear when coasting nor when applying more throttle?