Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My 2014 cvt light came on an was flashing. took it to a

Customer Question
My 2014 cvt light...

My 2014 cvt light came on an was flashing. took it to a dealer and their telling me it will cost $1300 to repair. I have 131000 miles on the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Its the light on the left lower corner of the display, and it just blinks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Subaru?

Forester

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

No its at the dealer and their waiting on me to give them the ok to fix. is this a normal repair price for this issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ask if the cvt transmission ever need servicing?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Subaru
10/5/2017
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 7 months ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,do you know if your vehicle has the CVT extension?

Your vehicle should be included in this extension,a call to Subaru may be necessary if for some reason you did not receive the letter but this should come up in your vehicle inquiry when you checked into the dealer for service.I would not give a o.k to repair till you ask about this first

Hi,just wondering how things are going?

tamaz
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician