Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My drivers side windshield wiper is stuck. Just happened as…

Customer Question
My drivers side windshield...

My drivers side windshield wiper is stuck. Just happened as I turned on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

The right side(passenger side is working) are there separate fuses for each one?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2005 Subaru Baja

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Baja yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thanks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Subaru
10/4/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Ron Z., - Subaru Tech - replied 10 months ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Subaru Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type out my reply. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

When only one side wiper is working, there are a couple of things to check here. First, let's check the wiper arm itself. At the base of the wiper arm, there will be a plastic cap. Pry the cap off with a small, flat-blade tool to reveal the arm mount nut. Make sure this nut is good and tight. If the nut is tight, then the problem will lie in the wiper transmission. To gain access, you will need to remove the cowl (the plastic piece at the base of the windshield) and then inspect the linkage for any popped pivot balls. If the pivot ball is popped, unfortunately, it will need to be replaced. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.