Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

When I was washing the car on the second time around I found…

Customer Question
When I was washing...

When I was washing the car on the second time around I found this body part on the floor below the left head light. What is it and where does it belong? VB21 A4740 >AES<

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

No. Where is the fuse box?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

Forester 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

THis part was on the floor when I was washing the car. It was not there when I went around the 1st time.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Can you upload a photo of the part please?
If you can, use the paperclip icon on the toolbar. The numbers on the part aren't the part number sorry to say.

No I can't. It is a black body part about 8 inches long and curved with 3 clops along what I see as the bottom.
i must have come from the front end .
It is not damaged.

It sounds like it's one of the shields from under the front of the car in front of the wheel well. They put a small mud shield there on these. The clips are supposed to hold it in place. If you look under the car in front of the tire, there should be 3 holes in the plastic where the clips should go. It sounds like it may have been coming down and you possibly bumped it with the hose. If you can, try to use the clips and put it back in place. You may have to order new clips to keep it there. You can drive the car without it if it's what I think it is.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!