Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I put the ignition key in this morning, press the brake

Customer Question
Hi! I put the...

Hi! I put the ignition key in this morning, press the brake paddle to start, it was hard, and the engine won't start. There even no signal from the starter. The whole think will switch off the new battery off for about 10 seconds, before coming on again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battery is new, and the connector was cleaned up prior to mounting.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Subaru?

2013 XV crosstrek

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XV Crosstrek yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nop, but I have to mention that yesterday, the top water hose split, it was towed to a mechanic who replaced it and used water to clean the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The brake paddle is hard, and switches off the ignition when I press it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Subaru
9/28/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

What is the battery voltage?

Do you own a diagnostic tool?