Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My key fob not working on my 2007 forester I used the 10…

Customer Question
My key fob not...

My key fob not working on my 2007 forester I used the 10 times off and on but no horn or beeping I was doing a radio change there were two wires not in the radio harness one is black with yellow strip and the other is purple these are grounded to radio

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes the light on fob comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

I lost keys to car and change the ingition switch which came with a fob

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Subaru
still waiting for answer 5 hours
9/23/2017
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 10 months ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi ,when trying the sequence of getting to the programming mode are you opening the door /closing door placing key into ignition and cycling 10x? Please make sure all doors are unlocked ,let me know how it goes, those 2 have no relation to the keyless,thanks!

I have the order of opening door and locks but dont have number inside remote I need to troubleshoot the keyless system may a wire diagram after doing locked door and 10 on/off no horn how do I check the module and connection
I dont mind calling but I am not at car now
did you read the history of this repair job

When you say ignition switch was changed did you replace entire ignition assembly or just the lock cylinder itself