Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

We installed an alarm and the vehicle wont start we removed…

Customer Question
We installed an alarm...

We installed an alarm and the vehicle wont start we removed the alarm , same situation

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

We have and that seems fine but we can clean it out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2009 SH5 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we have a mechinaic there

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We checked the spark plugs, the coils and throttle body all seems 100% but one thing we noticed, the key does not flash on the dashboard not sure if the alarm shorted

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
9/23/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

When you initially installed the alarm, did you cut the factory immobilizer system wires?

And what wires did you install the alarm onto

And finally, I need the vin number to pull the schematics

not sure what they did, however the chassis SH5-038420. The mechanic said that this model does not carry an immobilizer. (Not sure if this is true, as all the SH5s Ive purchased had an immobilizer.
any update?