Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My subaru impreza is leaking fluid from front steering, i…

Customer Question
My subaru impreza is...

My subaru impreza is leaking fluid from front steering

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak? And have you checked the reservoir?

I see oil and i don't know how to check it

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Impreza?

05

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impreza yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't know i want to try and see how bad it first

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It looks like the boot is cut or leaking

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Is this boot on the steering rack?

The boot on the rack is simply a dust boot and not a seal and if you have fluid coming out of it than that means the seal in the rack is leaking and the fix for that in most cases calls for removing and replacing the power steering rack assembly.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.