Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2006 subaru outback 2.5 single over head cam..

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 subaru outback 2.5 single over head cam.. Where would I find the fuel filter. is it in the tank ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Same as usual not a gas hog. It has 118 k miles and Im not sure when or if the fuel filter has be changed

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I changed the spark plugs and wires and coil pack. valve covers and gaskets. MAF sensor O2 sensor. low control arms and bushings. timing belt and water pump.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Subaru
9/19/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 9 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

2006 Subaru Outback F4-2.5L SOHC

Save Article

Fuel Filter SPECIFICATION Fuel filter forms a single unit with fuel pump. Refer to "Fuel Pump" for removal and installation.

So, unless the fuel pump has ever been replaced, it has not been changed since it is integrated into the pump and you replace as an assembly. The only time you need to replace it is if the fuel pressure is weak or the fuel pump fails, otherwise you dont replace it as a maintenance item.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.