Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have an 05 subaru wrx with the code po519. The car ran…

Customer Question
I have an 05...

I have an 05 subaru wrx with the code po519. The car ran perfect,i had to park it for 2 weeks, then when i pulled it out of garage the idle was high and erratic.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

100000 miles and its the 2.0 turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your WRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, i have checked for vacuum leaks, changed the idle air control valve, changed the throttle position sensor, changed the neutral safety switch, took throttle body off and cleaned it as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When i disconnect the idle air control valve and plug it back in with the car running it will idle normal

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Subaru Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. It just maybe the wiring to the IAC. Here are the diagnostics

are you there?