Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

The hood release cable is broken and I can't open the hood.

Customer Question
The hood release cable...

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?

No it just pulls free

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2006 Impreza

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impreza yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have removed the front grill piece in the center but can't figure out how to release the latch

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/17/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

I've attached an image of the hood latch

if you locate where the cable is attached and lift this portion up with some pliers

Subaru Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 7 months ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Engineer