Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My 2010 Outback has had trouble starting. It wants to but…

Customer Question
My 2010 Outback has...

My 2010 Outback has had trouble starting. It wants to but its like the gas is not getting to it. Haven't tried dry gas yet. The tank is full. The car has 77,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Not a gas hog. once i've tried to start it 3 or so times it'll start but I'm sure at some point, it won't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing really, just looking for what it might possibly be. A friend said when her Subaru did that she ended up having to get a new fuel pump ultimately..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've never had any issues with this car. This is a first for me with any of my Subaru's.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

When the car does start, is the check engine light coming on when it's running?

Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.