Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My 2015 Subaru Outback drains water into the passengers side…

Customer Question
My 2015 Subaru Outback...

My 2015 Subaru Outback drains water into the passengers side floor when the air conditioner is running. Is there a drain of some sort that is plugged up?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. but I want to know a little about the issue before I bring it in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The water comes in just above the passengers right toe!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

There is a drain at the bottom of the heater housing unit. This is there to drain the condensation out, it must be plugged if its running back into the car. It comes out through the firewall. Sometimes you can see it and run a coat hanger up in it to clear it. Other times you have to go from the inside the car. It's not a huge job to be honest. Maybe about an hours labor tops. Most shops can do this too, you don't need the dealer to do it.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!