Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

It's granny's 98 outback that sticks in Park and we have to…

Customer Question
It's granny's 98 outback...

It's granny's 98 outback that sticks in Park and we have to toggle a screwdriver in the porthole to get it out of park.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's annoying especially when I am late for work etc. Just have to wriggle it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've heard this is a common problem with the Scoobee tranny. What would it cost on average to get it fixed?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Subaru
9/12/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago
Gunvir Singh

HEllo, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Subaru Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

Sorry about the wait. Does your brake light come on/ off when you press and release the brake pedal?