Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Help! I can't open the hatch of my 2016 forester. Had it…

Customer Question
Help! I can't open...

Help! I can't open the hatch of my 2016 forester. Had it open earlier today. When I use the remote and/or try from my car it sounds like it is going to open and then beeps 3 times fast and does nothing. Wondering if I messed it up when I accidently hit the open from my remote the same time I was pressing the back hatch to open.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, my boyfriend is trying to fix it now. We have tried pressing and holding it on the key fob and inside the car too. Tried turning my car on and off again. Even waited about 2 hours and tried again after running some errands

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Well, it is locking and unlocking the car without any issues so I assume the battery in the fob is ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Subaru
9/11/2017
Subaru Mechanic: CurtisE, Mechanic replied 11 months ago
CurtisE
CurtisE, Mechanic
Sounds like it is jammed. Can you climb in back and pull the manual boot release tag. Does it open then?