sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

My battery was low when I tried to start the car (2015

Customer Question

My battery was low when I tried to start the car (2015 Outback). A serious of clicks and blinking lights began and I tried to stop it by pushing the engine start button. Then an orange light lit on the ignition switch. It is now off.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The battery may be low due to a failure of the battery itself or there may be a component drawing power while the vehicle is at rest and is killing the battery. The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to have the battery load tested, it will either fail and need to be replaced or it will require extensive charging. Once the battery situation is addressed then an ignition off draw test can be done to see if there is currently anything drawing.

If you're still under basic warranty then a tow, diagnosis and repair will be covered at your dealer.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!