Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Pretty simple; parked the car, removed the key, and the

Customer Question

Pretty simple; parked the car, removed the key, and the security light, along with the word SECURITY, began rapidly blinking. Restarted the car, turned it off, same thing. The ONLY time it isn't blinking is when the car is running. Any ideas? All grounds I am aware of are clean and make good contact.
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: the light flashes off & on with word security. How does one reset the security system? What does 'security' mean? I tried restarting car -- opening all doors and door to back -- checked that gas cap is security. Still red light blinks "security" off and on. I couldn't find instructions or explanation in online users manual and could find the link to p.3-38.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2008 outback
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. I had repairs about 100 miles ago but this jsut started and no repairs concerned the electrical system.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. just the red secuirty light blinking on/off -- 116,000 miles and we've never seen this before.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
send answer by email -- I don't do texting on my cell phone. I've been waiting about 20+ mintues so far and I'll keep checking the email.
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. please check all of the fuses on the attachment and also make sure they are all pushed in all of the way. If they are ok then: With the driver door open, no key in ignition, push and hold the unlock button to exit valet.