Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

This this 2006 Subaru outback has had a new ecu and will not…

Customer Question
Hi this this 2006...

Hi this this 2006 Subaru outback has had a new ecu and will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes .it was in a food . Dried out and new ecm fited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Key fob works . Key on all ok .give it 5 second and key light comes on ????

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
9/8/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

if the security light comes back on in 5 secs ,the anti theft module not recognizing the key ?

was that used ECU , ? and if it was ,did you program the keys bacj in it using Subaru scanner or equivalent ?

do you have a capable scanner to retrieve fault codes from car module ?

lets start here ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.