Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My car went into lockdown after a jump start and now I can't…

Customer Question
My car went into...

My car went into lockdown after a jump start and now I can't get it out of lockdown or get my car started

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are corroded I scraped off the corrosion the car won't do anything even with the remote

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

The battery is showing that it is charged

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Subaru?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am on the side of the road I am doing it myself I have jump started the car the alarm went off and then it wouldn't go into gear turn the car off and then it would not go back on or do anything it's in lock download

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 day by:
9/9/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Hopefully you were able to get it started and into gear, but if not there are a few things we can try.