Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My car went into lockdown after a jump start and now I can't

Customer Question

My car went into lockdown after a jump start and now I can't get it out of lockdown or get my car started
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: They are corroded I scraped off the corrosion the car won't do anything even with the remote
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: The battery is showing that it is charged
JA: What year is your Subaru?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am on the side of the road I am doing it myself I have jump started the car the alarm went off and then it wouldn't go into gear turn the car off and then it would not go back on or do anything it's in lock download
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Hopefully you were able to get it started and into gear, but if not there are a few things we can try.