Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My daughter has an 03 Outback with 200K miles. 2 years ago…

Customer Question
My daughter has an...

My daughter has an 03 Outback with 200K miles. 2 years ago we had a complete top end rebuild. (heads , gaskets, valves, timing belt , pump.) I has ran stellar until last week. I has a miss and Im not sure which cylinder. It really sputters in reverse. (?) Any advise? Thabnsk

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

Changed at 100K and 199K. Maybe 10K on belt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I own a business and dont have time. The ability but not the time

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Anything I can check myself first . Thats it. I need a good repair facil;ity also. It was fixt when she was in college across state and they were great

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Is the check engine light on or flashing?
Also, is this a 4 or 6 cylinder engine?

Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.