Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Second opinion] My Subaru outback 2012 trunk release works…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My Subaru...

Second opinion] My Subaru outback 2012 trunk release works intermittently. I did have an aftermarket remote starter installed. But, the problem occurred before it was installed. Now, I can never know when the trunk latch will work since sometimes it does and then stops then works again. any thoughts. thanks tom

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Silicon spray and a mechanic looked at it . He thought something was blocking it. But, even when nothing is blocking it, it stops working.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Subaru
9/8/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, to pull the schematics, I need to get the 17 digit vin number.

I don't have my VIN # handy. It is 2012 subaru outback 3.6 L. Premium navigation CV transmission.

HI,

My software for schematics is vin based. So I can either opt out and see if another expert can help you or wait until you are able to supply the vin number. That is up to you