Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Suburau is keyless and will not start, No How do I get the…

Customer Question
Suburau is keyless and...

Suburau is keyless and will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No How do I get the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checking the battery in the keyfob because the doors will not unlock either

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Subaru
9/7/2017
Subaru Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 11 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you have electrical power at all to any electronics in or on the outside of the vehicle?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

the car is in Melbourne beach FL I am in Annapolis md talking to my wife by phone The Key Fob will not unlock the car

Is she able to get into the car at all?

On my line can't call now Battery is a 1632
Car was open she is trying to get a battery now

O.k.,this may be a dead or weak battery needing jump started then tested to see if it needs replaced.If you can post the model of this Subaru this will help just let me know.I can see if I can get you the instructions on how to access the battery or jump start the vehicle.

Another cause if the battery is o.k. is the key/remote itself at fault needing replaced but we need to check the battery first so let me know.

Thanks Pete