Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

A year ago I picked up a 2009 subaru outback (? Special

Customer Question
A year ago I...

A year ago I picked up a 2009 subaru outback (? Special edition) to replace a vehicle totalled in a flood. I'm small, and have camped in back with all gear, etc...with a 2nd person space becomes an issue, unless I put a cargo baskey or carrier on top of car. Another issue for anyone much taller than me is the 5.5" bump near front seats when back seats folded down. I have lots of ideas of dealean with that, but all involve decreasing overall head space when sitting uo. So, I thought, why not remove back seat(s), and create a bed with extra storage underneath (where the back seats belong. I will either make a way (many options) to access spare tire (I will get full size tire/rim), or I will add the yakima cargo basjet (?) With spare tire mount.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

They were new last year, and maybe have 12k miles (routine rotatiin, etc)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

But i now a full size will fit underneath with tbe tray for storing extra goodies (had a blowout...ruined tire was fine in that spot. Haven't traveled much since I got car; busy rebuilding my flooded house

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No....just thinking and researching. Have seen and come up with ideas. Many years ago, I had a truck with camper shell rivged with room to store stufc underneath....I usually ended uo pulling thermarest outside....no sittng up room at all

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Subaru
9/7/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

I am not quite sure what you are needing an answer about.