Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I've replaced my steering rack and i'm still losing power…

Customer Question
I've replaced my steering...

I've replaced my steering rack and i'm still losing power steering fluid.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

I've heard the whining which is why i took it in and the mechanic told me to replace the steering rack because it was leaking. I don't get to whining because i'm always checking the fluid level. Can't seem to find where it's leaking from.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2011 impreza wrx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impreza WRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. i use a mechanic

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Subaru
8/29/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Have you fitted a newly reconditioned steering rack, or 2nd hand from a wrecker?

How bad is the leak?

A leak can only be from the rack, a hose fitting, a hose, or the pump.

Can you wash it down and recheck for where the leak is coming from?

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary