Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I own from new a 2008 Legacy GT 2.5 turbo 5 speed, it has

Customer Question
2008,000 miles on it and...
I own from new a 2008 Legacy GT 2.5 turbo 5 speed, it has 2008,000 miles on it and runs super. One problem, no one can find the answer, had it to two Subaru dealers, sometimes with-in 15 minutes of the car running (it doesn't happen all the time, mostly every other day, my check engine light comes on and stays on, the sport drive light and cruse control lights flashed on the dash, if you are in sport-sharp, it goes into the regular sport drive, both dealers cannot find a mechanical problem have had it on the computer analyzer nothing showing, all plugs were changed and injectors cleaned, I have been disconnecting the battery to clear the computer which helps for a day or so , then back to the same problem again, this is my 3rd Subaru, not had this problem, can you help me before I go crazy, thanks Dennis
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Subaru
8/17/2017
Subaru Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi Dennis my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did the dealer check for fault codes when the issue is occuring/when the check engine light came on or did they check for codes when this light was off?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

when the light was on

Did they see any codes come up at all and if so what are the code numbers that came up?

Let me know,thanks Pete

no codes as far as I know, as I said the plugs were all replaced and injectors totally cleaned,

O.k.,with the check engine light coming on there should be at least one code set with this issue here.If no codes are coming up at all with this issue and the check engine light is coming on then this can indicate a fault with the engine computer itself.This can cause the issues you are seeing here.I have seen some where engine computers can act up internally causing this type of an issue in some cases.

But if you are unsure if any codes were coming up it would be a good idea to have the codes re checked with a compatible scan tool just to see if any are coming up at all.If none are coming up then I would lean on the engine computer as the cause.If a code does come up let me know what code number is ***** up.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician