Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a forester 2009 version in Singapore. I had to travel…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a forester 2009 version in Singapore. I had to travel to Europe and for a year we didn't use this car. I know that the battery got drained away and will replace with a new one. What other checks I need to do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Subaru Forester. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yes I also see a layer of rust on the brake drum. Does that mean they have to replaced

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
8/6/2017
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 1 year ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,all fluids should be checked,inspect all the wipers they may be dry rotted,inspect the tire pressures and check tires also for signs of dry-rot.The brakes will be noisy at first and they may pulsate when applied but depending on the layer of rust they may be fine if not the rotors will need to be machined or replaced to correct this.Thanks for your time,let me know if you need anything else.