Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I have a 2015 Subaru Forrester with 90K miles on it. My

Customer Question
I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 Subaru Forrester with 90K miles on it. My mechanic wants to change the fluids and says I need to use synthic fluids which increased the price of the fluids b approx 200 dollars

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?

Fluids for the transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have it with a mechanic and he initially quoted my one price and now the price has increased by 200 for the fluids that he says I need to use

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin he is correct the car needs synthetic oils used in engine and trans

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic