Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Very wet on passenger side floor. Not rain. not heater core,

Customer Question
Very wet on passenger...

Very wet on passenger side floor. Not rain. not heater core

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No problem with coolant level

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

Outback 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bypassed the heater core. But still leaks. I think it might be AC not draining

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/4/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Ted G., ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician

You are correct.Your evaporator drain is clogged and the condensation from your AC system is backing up and overflowing the AC box. The hose comes out in the passenger wheel well behind the inner fender liner. (See pic.). You can use a piece of coat hanger or wire to fish the debris out of it from the outside usually.