tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Had a valve cup brake had a guy pull the motor pull the

Customer Question

Had a valve cup brake had a guy pull the motor pull the heads had them fixed reinstalled them myself got it back in the car and now it will turn over but have no spark no fuel it is an ej25 turbo have codes p0335 p0328 p0223 p2135 p0340 also a system codea21022 any ideas
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Does not run at all
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can't get fuel or fire so how is the turbo the problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The hasn't ran for 2 years
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 months ago.

Hi,with problems like this my advice is to start with the simple things first.Please check every fuse there are 2 fuse boxes make sure they all test good ,this includes the SBF(slow blow fuses)in the engine compartment .If the vehicle hasn't run in 2 years look for signs of rodent intrusion these little guys could cause wiring nightmares.The addition of aftermarket devices like remote starters or alarms could also cause no start problems too so if they are installed you might need to disconnect them.Lastly the bulk engine connectors are a real cause of these problems ,the connectors are located on the passenger side where the engine and transmission meet make sure all pins are seated and none are loose.Again these are preliminary things that I would look at before really damning anything else just yet so let me know I'll give all the help you need,thanks