Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

How to remove and install new front grill logo on 2010 suv,

Customer Question

how to remove and install new front grill logo on 2010 suv
JA: What is the model of your '10 Subaru?
Customer: forester
JA: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: plan to do myself. I have bought replacement part 93013sc001
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

The emblem is primarily held on with double sided tape. It's best to use a heat gun when trying to get the old one off. If you look at the back of the grill you can see a couple of pins that come through. You will want to make sure they aren't locked in. However, a blow dryer and a plastic trim tool will likely work the best if you don't have a heat gun. You really need to warm it up very well to get the glue to let go, then with the trim tool pry the edge to get it moving. Be patient, it's not a fast process.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!