Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Replace passenger side headlight lens?? Just the outside…

Customer Question
Replace passenger side headlight...

Replace passenger side headlight lens??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Just the outside lens, not the bulbs

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2008 tribecca with HID lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried cleaning the foggy lens without success. It feels rough, maybe pitted. Used the turtle wax kit without any real success.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Where can I get a new lens other than the dealer. They sell the whole assembly. I want just the lens.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Sadly you can't get just the lens for these or any other headlight assemblies these days. You will have to either go with a used headlight assembly or an aftermarket new assembly to save money. I wish there was a better way, but it's really the only way you can do it. You may also get a body shop to buff the lenses for less then it costs to replace the headlight assembly. It's not a permanent repair, but usually you get a couple years out of it. Sorry it's not better news.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!