Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

My 93 subaru loyale is wearing out the inner ac fan belt…

Customer Question
My 93 subaru loyale...

My 93 subaru loyale is wearing out the inner ac fan belt very quickly.

Mechanic's Assistant: What shape is the fan belt in? Do you know if it needs to be replaced, or just adjusted?

V

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Loyale yourself? What have you tried so far?

My friend and mechanic is working with me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The belts are new, they have been carefully adjusted. We have just put in a new ac compressor. All components spin freely but belts won't stay tight.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Subaru
7/31/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. You could have a compressor locking up, what type of compressor did you get? Does the vehicle seem to work harder or hesitate at idle?

Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.