tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

My 2014 Forester GPS screen needs calibration. Keyboard is

Customer Question

My 2014 Forester GPS screen needs calibration. Keyboard is offset one key to the left and I can't input letters on far right.
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: This is the GPS Navigation system I'm talking about
JA: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't see any setting to recalibrate the screen.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 months ago.

Hi,try this it is a hard reboot,remove both battery cables touch the cables together for 1 minute (this drains all capacitors) reconnect cables and see if your GPS screen now is functioning properly,let me know, thanks for your time

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This did not fix problem. It reset many functions related to on-board computer and clock and reset radio stations and GPS memory. Problem remains with offset screen selections.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 month ago.

Sorry this did not fix concern,there may be a update available for your radio that may help this concern bulletin #15-193-16R has a list of concerns that have been included in this update,I don't see yours but this would need to be the next step to try and fix your problem,of course this is a dealer thing.I cannot share the bulletin but if you goggle it you can read it in it's entirety,thanks