Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

My forester sunroof leaks during heavy rains - i am unsure

Customer Question
where the drainage holes are JA...
my forester sunroof leaks during heavy rains - i am unsure where the drainage holes are
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: not that i can think of
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician

hi​. my name is ***** ***** I can help . is it leaking from the front or rear of the car ??

around the front right &left sides of the sunroof

ok you need to check to see if the sun roof drains are clog , so open the roof and at the front you will see the drain holes in the corners of the roof poor some water in the drain and see if it leak out under the car or stay in the roof ?

i already looked in the corners with the sunroof opened, see no drainage holes at all
i have looked with a flashlight - see nothing that could be the opening
was hoping you could tell me exactly where they are on a forester
at the start of this chat,it said you were a nissam mechanic - why did it change to subaru?

you cannot open the drain tube . you need to open the sun roof in the opening of the sun roof at the front in the corners there will be small holes that water leaking into then go into the drain tube and out the button of the car most likely you check clog hole this is the reason for pouring water in the front part of the roof opening to se if it drain out if not the tube is clog . in that case you will need to use compress air to blow out the drain tubes

Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician