Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My subaru wrx rides horribly on oem low profile tires. can i…

Customer Question
My subaru wrx rides...

My subaru wrx rides horribly on oem low profile tires. can i install higher profile tires without problems

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

They are about eight months old with no problems

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your WRX?

2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your WRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No problems. no other tires tried

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No except i am looking for a little better ride. when i hot a pot hole it sounds like the end of the tire and front end. i read that the 2018 wrx has some suspension changes that provide a better ride.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
7/29/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. What you can do is go down a rim size or 2 and stay at the same tire diameter, that way all your electronics will read ok, just make sure it clears the calipers