Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My 2014 subaru outback has 66000 Kms. on it and it uses app.

Customer Question
My 2014 subaru outback...

My 2014 subaru outback has 66000 Kms. on it and it uses app. a Pint of oil every 5000 kms, the service manager told me that is not unusual for a 2.5 boxer engine. "Hello"

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No, not that I am aware of

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it is under warranty. However the last time I took it in for service, I was told they were to busy to look at it. So I had the oil and filters changed at a service centre where warranty is ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just help

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Subaru
7/29/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Subaru Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

Do you ever smell any excessive rich smell from exhaust at startup ?