Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

P0700 and p2762 codes, P2762, and also P0700. I unhooked the

Customer Question

p0700 and p2762 codes
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: P2762, and also P0700. I unhooked the battery for a bit and hooked it back up and still the same. It started cutting out rolling down the interstate this morning
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: 2011 Legacy 2.5i Premium
JA: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: unhooking the battery is all I have done. Just looking to see what the problem is and how easy it may be to fix. Or I may take it to a shop but I would rather do it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I am at work and may get a call but will try to stay very close to the computer
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Jared D replied 2 months ago.

Good morning,

To clarify, when you say cutting out did it feel like the transmission was slipping or the engine was stalling?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It felt like it was stalling. It died at an idle.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm at work, can't call right now.
Expert:  Jared D replied 2 months ago.

From the look of those codes it sounds like the transmission valve body has a faulty valve or solenoid. This wouldn't normally cause the engine to stall. You would get a flashing transmission temperature light though.

Oh sorry, the phone call pop up is automated. Not generated by me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What would be my least expensive plan of action to start with?
Expert:  Jared D replied 2 months ago.

If in fact the transmission is the issue, I would probably start with replacing the transmission valve body (if the fluid level looks normal and the fluid isn't burnt looking).

If it's not really the transmission causing the problem I would watch for additional trouble codes to set that might explain the stalling you are experiencing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a CVT. There is no way to check levels
Expert:  Jared D replied 2 months ago.

There is no easy way to check the levels.

The only reason you would really need to check is if there are signs of an external fluid leak. As long as there don't appear to be leaks you shouldn't have to remove the check plug. However, if there is a fluid leak you can check as follows:

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you need additional info.