john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

I recently took my 06 Subaru outback XT in for a head gasket

Customer Question

Hi Kevin, I recently took my 06 Subaru outback XT in for a head gasket replacement. I've been in a bit of a time battle with the shop, and it's taking longer than expected. How long is the typical time frame for a replacement procedure?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 3 months ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. are they sending the heads out for checking and machine work?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yeah, they keep giving me the run-around and saying that the parts are done at the machine shop, but then they're not.

can you verify with the machine shop..? our shop is one day for teardown one to two days at the machine shop and one day to put back together

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay, whatever shop they went with took a week and a half. They're finally putting my engine back together

seems excessive but they likley put you on the back burner

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S