Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I changed the timing belt on my 09 outback. it runs great

Customer Question
but the check engine light...
i changed the timing belt on my 09 outback. it runs great but the check engine light is on.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on and cruse blinks
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and ive done several 2.2 but this is my first 2.5. ive disconnected battery and started reasearhing. afraid to do much yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: price for help?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 5 months ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

lets start with the code number. once we know this we can narrow the area of failure

Roy

i haven't had it read yet as i changed the belt last night after work and cant get back to it until tonight.

ok, let me know the code when you get it and we can continue

Roy

is there additional cost

not at all. you have paid the site. as far as me, I get paid from the site when you accept my answers. no additional charges for the answers

Roy

ok i will have it checked tonight after work

ok

any update???

Last night after work , I hooked the battery up and it was dead. Then after I jumped the car I got my code reader out and the batteries were dead in it. So I went to the store and bought new ones while driving car. It ran well. But I could smell coolant. I checked fluids before starting and am sure it's from my clumbsy pouring the day before. Finally hooked up reader and it could not or would not talk to the car. The light is still on. Now that you've read all the stuff I'm pissed about, basically no change. I will try different reader tomorrow.

ok, no worries

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest