Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

My 2011 Legacy has a water feature that I do not care for.

Customer Question

My 2011 Legacy has a water feature that I do not care for. The rear passenger mat is completely saturated.
JA: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I spent 5 hours on Sunday mopping it up but it was saturated again this AM. Looks like the water is coming up through the front seat supports, Is there a drain that could be plugged? Earlier this year the moon roof drains were plugged. My dealer took care of that problem but it took several days to fix. I don't have much faith in this dealer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am elderly and have a disability so I can't get under the car to locate a potential water source.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  William Jaworski replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** only the rear passenger side is getting wet then you may still have a leak from the sunroof. Now if the front passenger floor is wet then you may have a restriction in the a/c drain. Drilling a hole in the floor or removing a drain plug is not advisable as the carpet and it's insulation will mop up most of the water before it can drain. If only the the rear passenger is getting wet I would recommend you seek a body shop in your area. Ask them if they specialize in water leaks. If the front is getting wet you can seek the help of a local garage to clean the a/c drain. It is under the car and you may not be able to reach it on your own. I hope this was helpful.