peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My 1992 starts for one second but wont stay running, they

Customer Question

my 1992 starts for one second but wont stay running
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: they are good
JA: What is the model of your '92 Subaru?
Customer: legacy
JA: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet. but I noticed it started after a couple of trys and got worse till now it wont start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had a shop replace the valve cover gaskets and a axle
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This fault here may be due to low fuel pressure.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested with a fuel pressure test gauge this needs done.If found to have low fuel pressure this may be the fuel pump itself at fault here.I have seen fuel pump failure in the past before cause this type of fault here with the pump needing replaced.If this was already tested and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete