Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

New driver stopped car, not in park, and steering wheel does…

Customer Question
New driver stopped car...

New driver stopped car, not in park, and steering wheel does not lock, car will not start, ingnition key turns ok, it seems that there is some type of computer override and the dashboard lights flash

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I looked under the hood where the fuses are located but did not remove all of them

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2008 outback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to try and fix it myself otherwise I have to have it towed to the dealer. I disconnected the battery in a hope that it would reset the computer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This has never happened before and some how I thing the person learning to drive the car caused the promblem

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
5/14/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Michael Koster,
 replied 1 year ago
Michael Koster
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you out. Have you tried to start the car in neutral?