Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My boyfriend changed my spark plugs in my Subaru and now my…

My boyfriend changed my...

My boyfriend changed my spark plugs in my Subaru and now my car won't even start

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?

210 and I just got the car from an auction about 4 months ago and they don't tell you anything on it so I decided to change them

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

*210 hundred thousand miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Subaru?

It's an impreza 2009 non turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impreza yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the spark plugs my boyfriend did that's all

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2017
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Do you know if he disconnected the battery?
Also, do you happen to know if he changed the plugs one at a time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He did disconnect the battery. Yes he changed them one at a time

Ok thank you.

Does the car crank or no sound at all when you try to start it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No sound at all

Ok

Is the car an automatic or manual?
Do you have electrical power to anything on the car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Automatic and no not at all
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The horn works of that matters

Ok, not sure why it would be blown, but look in the fuse box under the hood. There is a large main fuse that is bolted to the box. It sounds like it's blown. Have him look at it and see if he can tell if it's blown. If it is, replace it, if you can't tell, replace it. Disconnect the negative battery cable before trying to remove it.

Sometimes when you reconnect the positive side of the battery it can blow this fuse. So, check it out and let me know.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do you know if it is blown out ?

That one has a clear top on it, if you look at it you should see a solid wire that goes from one side to the other. If the wire is broken, then it's blown. Sometimes it's just discolored in the center as well.

I think it's blown. Hard to be 100% sure, a parts store would be able to check it if you have another set of wheels to get there.

It does look blown to me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay thanks

You are very welcome!

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please be kind and remember to rate my answer using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician