Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Spark plug stuck in engine. 2000 model, manual 300,000 km,

Customer Question
spark plug stuck in...

spark plug stuck in engine. 2000 model

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Manual 300,000 km

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Subaru?

It's my daughter's, not sure of the model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just looked at it. Friend says try soak it with WD40

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
2/8/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Brandon, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Brandon
Brandon, Auto Mechanic

Hello, welcome to Just Answer. My name is Brandon.

I see you noted the spark plug is stuck. Will it not turn in the slightest, or does it turn a bit then not go any further?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it will not turn

Okay. Sometimes they do get pretty stuck, but this is better news than having it difficult to turn all the way out because that would more than likely mean damaged threads. if you have a breaker bar/long handle ratchet this would be best, ***** ***** little WD-40 never hurt but usually if I am having a tough time with a plug I will get everything else back together and let it run for a few to get nice and warm. Not normally ideal in terms of working on a hot engine, but ive noticed when the cylinder head is up to temp a stuck plug loosens up easier. at that point pull the wire back off and try to crack it free. If theres ALOT of force required and it still wont come free, and there were no real issues as far as that plug possibly being damaged/broken and this was just based on maintenance you may want to re-think replacing that plug.

Brandon
Brandon
Brandon, Auto Mechanic