Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I have an 2006 Outback and I replaced all four tires, new

Customer Question

I have an 2006 Outback and I replaced all four tires, new front and rear struts and had a four-wheel alignment. Before 5,000 miles had passed my two rear tires were worn out with even wear to both tires. The tire shop figured it was a bad mold of the tires and replaced the tires. The same thing has happened again. I'm wondering if the new struts are causing the problem because they are not OE struts.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 6 months ago.

Are the tires wearing completely evenly across the tread or are they worn more on the inside, or the outside?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Completely evenly across the tread

Ok. When you got the alignment done did they give you a printout of the measurements? Also, did they replace the tires with the same brand and model?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There didn't give me a printout of the alignment. Yes, they replaced them with the same brand Cooper C5S.
Ok, for starters go back and ask them to measure the alignment again and get you a print out of the measurements. Everything should be in the green on the printout. If everything is within specification the only other option would be the tires being bad. Wearing evenly across the tread would indicate to me either the toe is off so the vehicle is dragging the rear tires, or the tires have an issue themselves.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating 3 stars or higher, or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.