Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, 32 Years, Foreign.Domestic, Diagnostic Specialist
13677702

I have a 2014 Subaru Legacy. A warning light came on that is

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Subaru Legacy. A warning light came on that is a small circle with the letter L in the middle and a small car in front. I can not find any symbol in the owner's manual that looks like this. What is it?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The warning lights that come on in the middle of the dash board where the mileage is displayed.
JA: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Goodness no! I'm a little old lady that doesn't want to be stranded! LOL
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Randall C replied 9 months ago.

hello, what is the outside temps where you are?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's been 8 degrees with a wind chill below zero.

It can come on from time to time and nothing to worry about, Its only an alert they now put on some models meaning L= low temps and the car = possible slippery conditions. When things warm up that icon will go away. It annoying at best but what they now put on the dash of some models,. Low temps = below freezing and possible icy conditions = possible slipping/sliding/ It should also have what loomks like a real small flag to the right upper corner which is only flagging the icy conditions