Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I am trying to replace the battery in my 2013 impreza sport.

Customer Question
The alarm keeps going off...
I am trying to replace the battery in my 2013 impreza sport. The alarm keeps going off and I cannot complete the process.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: yes. it did not turn the alarm system off
JA: Are you fixing your Impreza Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i tried what you suggested. I cannot even put in the old battery. Yes. We are replacing the battery ourselves, which we usually do (this is the first in this car, though)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't think so
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Subaru
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/6/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Lets disconnect the negative cable off the battery for about 2 minutes, reinstall the negative cable after two minutes, close the hood, all the doors and the lift gate, then lock and unlock the vehicle a few times with the key fob, then put the key in the ignition and cycle the ignition 3 times then start it. Let me know what happens then. thank you.

I would like to try that first and then if you still need phone support we can do that as well.

Did that help out any? Let us know if you need any more help on this. Thank you.

Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.